Truthfully, it is necessary to make time for yourself all year. During the holidays, it is especially important to pamper yourself! This is the time of year we tend to put everyone else ahead of ourselves. Make a list of things that make you smile. I challenge you to do an activity every day to appreciate yourself. It can be as little as 5 minutes, just do something to make your heart smile.
Here are a few of my favorite suggestions:
- Light candles.
- Watch an old movie.
- Enjoy a cup of hot tea or a glass of wine.
- Go for a walk. Ten minutes in nature will do wonders.
- Call a friend. Even if you only have a few minutes.
- Watch a video of puppies or baby goats’ jumping around. Set a timer or you will get lost in laughter.
- Read a book.
- Take a bubble bath.
- Take a nap.
- Turn up the music and dance.
- Sit outside.
- Buy yourself your favorite flowers.
- Leave a note for someone special.
- Say thank you to someone that made you feel good.
- Learn something new.
- Sit up, take a deep breath and smile!
- Text a friend “Howdy”.
- Wear your favorite color.
- Watch a video of a baby laughing.
- Bake your favorite dessert.
- Create, draw or build something and give it away.
- Try a new bakery or coffee house.
- Buy yourself a new hat… or something small.
- Spend time with someone special.
- Make someone else smile.
- Send a friend a card.
- Volunteer your time.
- Stretch your body.
- Meditate – whatever that means to you.
- Write a gratitude list.
- Dress up, even if you stay at home.
- Organize something ;).
I hope this helps you create your own list. Enjoy your time and be sure to take Time For You every day!